Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

random blue screens

• Please log in to reply

Rini^^

Rini^^

• Pip
  • 4 posts
1. Sometimes when I am just talking to my friends online, or checking my e-mail. I get a blue screen. Sometimes I can hit any key and the computer will come back. And other times I just have to shut it off improperly. Not to mention that its making my internet run super super slow. (normally it would take me 6 minute to dl something...and now its taking like 50 minutes)

2. I downloaded those programs off of this site, for ad-ware...well I have this thing that says Party poker on my desktop. I can't uninstall it, I can't erase it, and it doesn't come up on any of the programs.

I am just getting really fustrated :tazz: , I don't know if I should just go and buy another computer. Just tell me (please) how to get my computer back to normal. Thanks for your time.

Edited by Rini^^, 07 June 2005 - 01:25 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go here

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run the programmes as advised then post the Hijack This log to the malware section

Rini^^

Rini^^

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Go here

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run the programmes as advised then post the Hijack This log to the malware section

View Post

How do you get the log to where you can paste it in the place where you said? Sorry, I tried to right click on the thing but I can't. Can you please tell me how? thank you^^

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Save the log as a text file, open it with notepad, click edit then select all then press edit and then copy, go to your reply, put the cursor into the body of the reply and left click so you have a flashing line in a clear part of the reply then click edit on the web page then paste and your log will go in to the reply so you can send it

OR

You can use add reply to your post, then above add reply button to post, you will see browse, press this then locate the file, press add attachment, when it has loaded, click add this to post, over on right, you will see a couple of lines added to the reply, press add reply