Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error while installing any sotware

• Please log in to reply

sam20021982

sam20021982

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been trying to install any program what so ever and i get this error:

The installer u re trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.This could be the result of a damaged disk,a failed download or a virus.It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch

I get this error for any installers and i am using windows 95. Havent had this problem untill now. This happened after a friend did some brousing on my PC so it could be due to any trojan that corrupts install.

Any advise will be appriciated. Thanking you in anticipation.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go here

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run the programmes as advised then post the Hijack This log to the malware section

WeekendPC'er

WeekendPC'er

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been having this problem and I came across this website through googling "skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch".

Keith, the link you provided is stellar if for not one problem.

I have been trying to install ANY program what so ever

I can relate to sams issue. Here in lies the problem; I<we> can't download, open, save or run any program with this error occuring. This means we can't run any of those nice progs that may clean up this issue. So on that note: Can anyone guide me through the process of turning off this NCRC command line so I can dl SOMETHING.

Thanks in advance WPC'er

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Are you able to download to another PC then save it to disc and then load the disc on to this PC

If so, a good place to start is tuneup trial

http://www.tune-up.com

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which needs a reboot.

After the reboot, open tune up, click optimize, system optimizer to run optimize computer configuration, which needs a reboot.

After the reboot, open tune up, click optimize, system optimizer to run internet optimizer, which requires a reboot.

After the reboot, open tune up, click optimize, system optimizer to run system advisor

Try connecting and downloading