Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 7 stuck on Starting Windows

• Please log in to reply

bjj64

bjj64

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My laptop was working fine all day and then I shut it off when I left my girl friends house and drove home. Now when I start it up it is just stuck on Starting Windows screen no progress bar will pop up after the logo appears and the logo just pulsates.

After about 10 minutes the screen just goes all black and there is a cursor in the middle of the screen that I can't move.

When I went to start it up the first time I had this problem I had plugged in my webcam into the USB port before I started it... but since then I have unplugged it and tried to restart numerous times and no dice.

I also went into system recovery and did a restore to a previous known working date and that didn't work either.

This is really frustrating as I don't want to restore it back to factory.

I also can't boot in safe mode either... once it loads the last windows file nothing happens.

Please help! Thanks!

Edited by bjj64, 11 April 2013 - 11:24 PM.

Advertisements

juliadexter

juliadexter

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Two simple Steps:
1) Use Start up Repair tool

2) Check your BIOS and see if there is any update, recently there have been many released ,
as some Intel boards were suffering BSOD problems with Windows 7.