Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Win7 Driver Irql Not Less or Equal

• Please log in to reply

Bigman1990

Bigman1990

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi Guys I've been having some trouble for a while on Windows 7 and I can't seem to figure it out maybe you could help me lol.

I seem to only get crashes when playing any games on my computer sometimes the program just crashes I can deal with that but I have been getting a lot of BSOD's recently here is my most recent one I pulled this information from whocrashed from my minidump file. Any help in the right direction would be much appreciated as this has been happening for a while now.......

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 4/12/2013 8:35:22 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041213-18891-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: usbport.sys (USBPORT+0x2D472)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xE8A31FB, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF880048B2472)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbport.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 4/12/2013 8:35:22 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: usbport.sys (USBPORT!USBPORT_RegisterUSBPortDriver+0x43D2)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xE8A31FB, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF880048B2472)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbport.sys
description: USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Advertisements

Bigman1990

Bigman1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Alright so heres another dump that just happened

On Sat 4/13/2013 12:50:09 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041213-16036-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hidclass.sys (0xFFFFF88005A256FA)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88005A256FA)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\hidclass.sys
description: Hid Class Library

On Sat 4/13/2013 12:50:09 AM GMT your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0xA7FD7)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88005A256FA)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bigman1990

Bigman1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm honestly thinking of doing a reformat to see if this will solve any problems.....

Bigman1990

Bigman1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Alright So I did a Reformat of my pc and here is what I've been getting since the reformat.

computer name: MICHAEL-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T Processor AMD586, level: 16
6 logical processors, active mask: 63
RAM: 17177894912 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1935224832

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sun 4/21/2013 11:37:03 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042113-17440-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0xC62D9)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF8002F55D886, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002C88980, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

On Sun 4/21/2013 11:37:03 AM GMT your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: clr.sys (clr!GetPrivateContextsPerfCounters+0x1856B)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF8002F55D886, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002C88980, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: clr.sys .
Google query: clr.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Sat 4/20/2013 9:54:03 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042013-20186-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x186FCD, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002C819BD)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 4/20/2013 1:56:10 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041913-28860-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002CBA622)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

4 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

clr.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Hello Bigman1990

First of all can I offer you a tip that will ensure that your request for help does not get overlooked, do not reply to your own post while you are waiting for someone to offer you assistance, staff and other members will see a topic that has received no replies and will then take a look at your OP, if you reply to your own post it will appear that you are already receiving assistance and your request for help may be overlooked, if you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab, bottom right of the dialogue box :thumbsup:

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Have you checked the Device Manager for any yellow ! or red Xs.

Bigman1990

Bigman1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for the response I have a custom built computer, Desktop of course :happy: and in the device manager I have no Yellow ! or Red X's this can happen while I play games and it can also happen at Idle. If you need any details on what hardware is in my pc I can provide that I just installed the new Beta Drivers for my Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT. It seems to help a little with crashes not as much though.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Can you provide a Speccy url for us please http://www.piriform....file-to-the-web

Can you also tell us the brand and model name or number details of the PSU.

Bigman1990

Bigman1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Sorry it took a little while to respond been busy with work and restoring my 1988 RM250 lol here is the link to speccy

http://speccy.pirifo...1VyttczCtoVcQXg

and here is my Power Supply

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817153054

on neweggs site and here's one on Thermaltake's Site

http://support.therm...?C=1432&ID=1512

Thermaltake's site might be more accurate for what you need to know.

and just so you know the only crashes I have been getting are the most recent ones after the reformat...It might help narrow some stuff down :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Sorry for the delay in replying, I`m a bit under the weather at the moment and so not been near a computer.

Run DriverMax and see if any newer alternative drivers are suggested http://www.innovativ....com/drivermax/
Please note that you can only download 2 drivers a day for free and be sure to uncheck the "install AVG toolbar" box.

Can I ask what type of disk you used for the fresh install as in a full retail, OEM or a burned copy.

Next check your PSU output as the +5V rail looks off;

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Depending on the results we may need to run further software for comparison http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Sorry but I may not be back online until Saturday am UK time, I will ask for another pair of eyes to take a look so you are not kept waiting.

Bigman1990

Bigman1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
For the reinstall of Windows it is an OEM Disk I have included the screenshot and I will be installing updates on DriverMax until they are completely updated. It says 18 but there are a few that apply to multiple issues. What adjustments would be needed to be made for the 5V Rail to be in the correct range?

Attached Thumbnails

• Speedfan Screenshot.jpg

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
If updated chipset drivers for your MB are suggested make sure it is one of if not the first drivers that you update.

I should have been more specific about the OS disk, is it an OEM disk like the example at the attached link http://www.amazon.co.../?tag=pcpapi-20 I need to ask this as quite often a member will tell us that they have used an OEM disk and they have, but what they do not say is they have used a friends Dell OEM disk on their custom built or other branded computer such as HP.

Your temps and voltages both look good in Speedfan but so that we have a comparison can you watch a video or do some gaming, run HWMonitor and again provide a screenshot for us, readings taken when the computer has been under load are a more accurate result http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

As I have said your PSU looks ok in Speedfan but to answer your question regarding the +5V rail please see my canned text below;

As a PSU puts out various voltages +3.3V, +5V and +12V it may appear that the PSU is working correctly but it is not, any significant drop of any output can prevent the system from booting up, the other scenario is a significant increase in the output which can be worse as it can fry one or more major components such as the MB, CPU, Ram, add on video card etc.

Please be aware that there are no user replaceable parts in a PSU so a bad one should be disposed of in a responsible manner and any type of conclusive testing will need to be done by a suitably trained Tech who has the required testing equipment and the relevant knowledge as to how to use it.

Bigman1990

Bigman1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yes the disk I purchased was through newegg a system builder disk, Also a new driver just came out for my video card so I installed it to see if we have any crashes from that as well. Here are some pictures idle and during gaming.

Attached Thumbnails

• Hardware Monitor Idle.jpg
  • Hardware Monitor Gaming.jpg

Edited by Bigman1990, 27 April 2013 - 12:19 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Thanks for the update Bigman1990 :thumbsup:

Typical HWMonitor is showing the +3.3V rail as being low :unsure:
The unusual reading/s may be caused by your MBs own monitoring software so can you check the readings in the BIOS for us, you only need to let us know if they are good or bad and not provide a screenshot.

The readings could be under something like PC Health Status like in the screenshot below.

NB: BIOS voltage readings.

The readings are not conclusive in the BIOS as the computer is under the least amount of load, if they are higher or lower than what they should be though it does suggest a PSU problem.

Bigman1990

Bigman1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Alright so the readings were under hardware monitor in the bios here's what we got in there

VCore/ 1.320V
3.3V/ 3.336V
5V/ 5.059V
12V/ 12.003V

Edited by Bigman1990, 27 April 2013 - 05:11 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Readings are as they should be but please keep in mind what I have said about the computer not being under load.

How is the computer running at present and how is updating the drivers going.

I will wait for an update from you now and with the exception of creating a new page file will hold off suggesting anything further for now.

Open My Computer. At the top right, there is a search field...type pagefile.sys and click the search icon. In the search results, right click on the file (pagefile.sys) and choose Delete...confirm the deletion.

Restart your machine. A new pagefile will be created automatically when the machine starts.