Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 x64bit Windows Explorer consistently crashes

• Please log in to reply

jsperry1010

jsperry1010

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So for a month or two now, my windows explorer will say that it has stopped working, and restart. Recently, I realized that it happened only when i scrolled the cursor over the right side of the start bar (I have the spiffy windows 7 style on, so it happens right on the border where it goes from quick program start icons to lenovo wireless display, lenovo keyboard settings, lenovo toolbar, lenovo battery level, lenovo charging icon, standard battery/charging icon, standard wireless display and volume setting, and clock/date). So basically, it doesn't occur when i click on the google chrome button to bring up my web browser, but it does if i click on volume or wireless settings in the bottom right corner.

Advertisements