Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 32bit continually crashing

• Please log in to reply

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Yes please as what you have there in the 2GB Recovery partition is from when Vista was pre-installed by Fujitsu.

I should imagine you want to stay with Windows 7 so do a new install.

Some people may say you could just delete the recovery partition but me personally I like a thorough clean install when it comes to something like this.

Once you have installed it goes without saying to get all applicable windows updates and ensure your system is secure.

Advertisements

Murrr

Murrr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I have done all this but the problem persists. About 15 minites after starting Windows.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Are you telling me that you have done a full clean install of 7 in what around 20 minutes?

Murrr

Murrr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I am. There was next to nothing on my HD. Just my firewall, browser and anti-virus. I just did a clean install the other day, which is when the problem started.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
But you didn't do a clean install the other day Murrr, you left the 2GB Vista recovery partition on.

A browser and anti virus would not exist immediately after a new install unless you include IE which to my mind is a trash browser.

Please follow my advice.

Murrr

Murrr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I am following your advice :confused:. I think we've gotten lost somewhere.

The other day I did a clean install of Windows to clean my computer up, without touching the partition. I immediately installed Chrome, my firewall, the discussed graphics driver and my anti-virus, which I had previously downloaded and stored on an external HD.

Today, at your suggestion, I formatted both partitions, including the 2gb OEM reserved one which I then deleted, and did another clean install. This did not take much time at all. Then I set about installing my firewall etc. again and shortly after that the error re-occurred.

I don't really know what else to say/do?

Edited by Murrr, 13 April 2013 - 09:03 AM.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
If you deleted all partitions when installing 7 using Drive Options (advanced) as shown in these shots then all is ok with the operating system.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have not mentioned any windows updates at all and I don't know why you are installing a separate firewall as the inbuilt one for windows 7 is quite adequate.

Murrr

Murrr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Windows is trying to update but the system rarely stays stable long enough to complete them.

Thank you for trying but I will seek help elsewhere. I have followed your instructions to the word and I do not wish to be condescend further.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I fail to see where I have been condescending towards you Murrr as all I am doing is trying to help you and will continue to do so.

However if you wish to seek help elsewhere then that is your prerogative and there is nothing I can do about it.