Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Back Up failing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dverrill

dverrill

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a windows 2008 small business server that recently has been failing the back up process by saying that the device is not currently available. The back up is a Western Digital 1.5 terabyte hard drive that I switch every week with another back up with the same specs as the first one. Is there some sort of trouble shooting method to go about to try to fix this problem.

Thanks

Advertisements

dverrill

dverrill

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I was able to figure out the issue.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Care to share the resolution? Others may have the same issue.

GSpeedcomputer

GSpeedcomputer

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i don't think so. .

dverrill

dverrill

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sorry for the delayed response. I just completely reconfigured the backup through the small business server setup. I figured out that the error was because the backup was switched but the server was never updated. I missed the admin question on my email.