Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Panda Antivirus uninstall

• Please log in to reply

Jessicasanner

Jessicasanner

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm sorry if this topic has already made. I did a Topic search and found nothing. So if it has been, pardon me.

Anyway My problem has to do with Panda Antivirus software and how I am unable to uninstall or delete it from my computer.

First of all I've tried uninstalling through control panel "Add/remove" which didn't work. Then I tried to manually delete the folder and got the message: "Access is denied .

make sure the disk is not full or write protected. And that the file is not currently in use"

So following that I went to Task manager and tried to end all of the Panda Antivirus processes. To which I got the message "Access denied".

I tried to start my computer using safe mode but when I got to the menu my arrow keys wouldn't work so that was impossible.

Then I found an uninstall from the Panda site but in order to work you have to start up in safe mode and as I said, it's not working.

I tried running Adaware just to be sure...that did nothing. Although I don't think it would have any effect.

I tried manually stopping it in the "start up programs" selector. And I tried deleting all of the Panda files from the registry.

Still not working.

Here is a screenshot of the massive filefolder is has taken over: http://img.photobuck...SLITSWRISTS.jpg

Hah...as if that would help.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that i have covered all of my bases. Other than system restore what can I do to get rid of the pest?

Thank you for your help in advance. :tazz:

Edited by Jessicasanner, 07 June 2005 - 02:02 AM.

Advertisement

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you click start then run, type msconfig then press enter then start up to remove the ticks from any Panda listing, press apply and reboot, then try to delete them

Did you search for Panda, including hidden and system files, and delete those

Edited by Keith, 07 June 2005 - 02:51 AM.

Jessicasanner

Jessicasanner

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yea, I tried that. It would just add itself back to startup everytime. I had to manually set my computer to boot in safemode and then FINALLY I deleted all of it.

Thank you anyway though. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Make sure you replace it with another anti-virus programme

Thank you for letting me know

charonana

charonana

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have been struggling with uninstall of Panda Anti-Virus 7.0 for 2 months now. I have received manual insturctions from Panda -Have had a computer geek in my home and it just keeps restarting istself. I have done the the safe mode and rebooted. Nothing is working for me!

Please tell me what I can check to see what I am missing in getting this thing gone- as I am without a virus program because I cannot install over it.

Help :help: :help: :wub:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start your own thread.

include,if possible, the info from panda.

charonana

charonana

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Would you beleive that after all this time after I sent you -a message for help- I came back and thought to check one more time and found the file had been removerd I do not know what to make of this as I have done nothing since my computer geek left the problem on Monday or Tuesday- so whatever my guy did must have worked -unbeknowance to me.!I am thrilled I just downloaded antivirus provided by my cable newtwork.

Thank you for the fatr response- sorry to have bothered you.

Advertisement