Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

smart phone with out data plan on at&t

• Please log in to reply

spartafire

spartafire

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok so i want to buy an iphone 3g to use with out a data plan. ive heard so many things on how to do it but i dont know if they are true.. turn off the 3g and all the services. jail break the device. simply call them and have all data privileges turned off.. i dont know which route to take... so what do yall think?

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
You say the phone comes without a data plan so basically you can just call and text yes?

If so then what is the point of buying an overpriced phone only to use just the basic features? :confused:

spartafire

spartafire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i could use it on wifi. i am a firefihgter and it makes it alot easier to just take pictures of all the information that you need during calls. i just need to know what my options are regarding getting around that 30 dollar data fee...

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
If AT & T insist on charging you for data then I'd shop elsewhere.

spartafire

spartafire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
possibility, but i really dont want to go through the trouble.. i know im a little hard headed.. i just want to get around the [bleep] fee!!