Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Believe I have a virus of some sort.

• Please log in to reply

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Yes, upload the screen shot please.

Advertisements

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Here is the screen shot. Also I still get fuzzyness on firefox. Should I just use another browser then?

http://imageshack.us...es/18/8bmd.png/

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Try this from MS Barbie:

To fix this problem, open Windows Explorer, right-click on the corresponding library and choose Delete. Click Yes when asked for confirmation.

Then, in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer, right-click on Libraries and click Restore default libraries. This recreates the library that you just deleted. This option will only restore the default libraries that came with Windows 7.

We've already gone the route of uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, yes?

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Try this from MS Barbie:

To fix this problem, open Windows Explorer, right-click on the corresponding library and choose Delete. Click Yes when asked for confirmation.

Then, in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer, right-click on Libraries and click Restore default libraries. This recreates the library that you just deleted. This option will only restore the default libraries that came with Windows 7.

We've already gone the route of uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, yes?

Yes we tried the uinstalling firefox and reinstalling. Still no fix in blur. Also I am confused what do they mean open I.E and delete the corresponding library? Where do I find that library located? in options or something?

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Click here and download the 64 bit version of jpshortstuff's SystemLook to your desktop, then click that file to open the scan display. In the open textbox, copy and paste the following (inside the Code box below):

:filefind
documents.library-ms

Then click Look. Once the scan completes Notepad will open - copy/paste those contents back here please. That will also be saved as a log where you have the scan file, named SystemLook.txt.

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
SystemLook 30.07.11 by jpshortstuff
Log created at 20:53 on 30/06/2013 by Jfarelas
Administrator - Elevation successful

========== filefind ==========

Searching for "documents.library-ms"
C:\Users\Jfarelas\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms --a---- 12361 bytes [22:29 07/08/2010] [16:41 15/05/2013] 6A90814D4136908B94B337008567A1F5

-= EOF =-

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Well, I said aloud some incantations, and burnt an eye of newt offering to fix your computer, so looks like it worked. :)

Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Well, I said aloud some incantations, and burnt an eye of newt offering to fix your computer, so looks like it worked. :)

Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Thing is I still can't open those folders lol. Is there a way to just delete them and get them back? Maybe a full system restore is the only option at this point.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Do you have a usb (flash/pen/thumb) drive you can use to transfer files? If you boot from a linux-based install on a usb drive, you should be able to access those. System Restore will not likely correct access to problem files/folders, though you surely can try it.

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Do you have a usb (flash/pen/thumb) drive you can use to transfer files? If you boot from a linux-based install on a usb drive, you should be able to access those. System Restore will not likely correct access to problem files/folders, though you surely can try it.

okay but is there any other way we can try to fix these? would like to do system restore as the final option.

Advertisements

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
System Restore will not likely correct access to problem files/folders. But I can't claim any previous knowledge that it wouldn't. I was just suggesting accessing the folders/files using a Linux install, which doesn't recognize Windows rules (such as locked, or even perhaps deleted).

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

System Restore will not likely correct access to problem files/folders. But I can't claim any previous knowledge that it wouldn't. I was just suggesting accessing the folders/files using a Linux install, which doesn't recognize Windows rules (such as locked, or even perhaps deleted).

SO is there any other means of trying to fix this? or we did all we can do?

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
No, you can create the Linux usb disk like I suggested, and see if you can offload the folders that way. Then return to Windows and save them normally.

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Alright well thank you. I will try that then once I get the discs i need from Dell to do a system restore. Besides that though is there anyway to fix the firefox blurryness or should I just start using another browser?

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
In Firefox, go to Help - Restart with Add-ons Disabled. In that "Firefox Safe Mode" display that opens, place checks next to the following, then click "Make changes and restart".

Reset toolbars and controls

Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults

Restore default search engines

You can change those later to whatever you prefer, but for now, too many search hijackers have altered things there.

Each of the later versions vary in these procedures, but whatever the Safe Mode option allows to be removed, it should be right.

Link here if needed.