Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Believe I have a virus of some sort.

• Please log in to reply

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
System Restore with disks from Dell? Dells have hidden partitions that you can use to restore the computer to factory fresh, but it will wipe out all personal data. Have we discussed this? I thought you desired to access and save the contents of those problem folders first?

Advertisements

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Oh okay I thought in order to restore we need to have specific disks like window 7. When I bought my pc I didn't have that disc so not sure if it's possible with out it.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Dell factory restore steps, though it basically says tap F8 at startup, then:

Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>.

I've never actually seen that option on Dells when pressing F8, though I am sure it exists. Is this a laptop or a desktop?

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Dell factory restore steps, though it basically says tap F8 at startup, then:

Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>.

I've never actually seen that option on Dells when pressing F8, though I am sure it exists. Is this a laptop or a desktop?

It's a desktop.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Supposed to be pressing F8 then.

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Just a quick update. Going to do this later today. Just needed to get a usb to save my documents. im still around and ill get back to you in a day or so.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Okey doke - I'll be here.

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Well I did some research on google and found out how to fix the folders w/o restoring. Which is good. So that is taken care of now. Can you help me with the blurriness? That's about all I have left to do.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
How did you correct the folders issue please? It would be helpful for others who web search this thread.

Open Firefox. While pressing and holding the CTRL key on your keyboard, use the scroll button on your mouse to make the text smaller or larger. Maybe it's just a text size thing.

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I searched this on google.

http://answers.micro...7a-ae875aa7c4b6

GOing to try the text fix you said now.

Advertisements

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
So it was "documents.library-ms". I appreciate the link and the info.

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

So it was "documents.library-ms". I appreciate the link and the info.

No problem. Also I tried the text correction you told me to do. It works for a bit but then blurs again. Not sure if this is just a firefox thing or some virus or something. All other browsers are fine just this is pretty annoying. Worse case ill just stop using firefox but rather not do that if I can fix this. After this though everything else is fine.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Open the blurred text in Firefox. Then press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and use the scroll on your mouse and move it to change the text size. See if it just isn't a text size issue.

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Open the blurred text in Firefox. Then press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and use the scroll on your mouse and move it to change the text size. See if it just isn't a text size issue.

I tried that. it works for few seconds then it still blurs.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
I'll offer more info tomorrow, when I can access a Win 7 system.