Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio stutter, but only through my home cinema receiver

• Please log in to reply

44Magnum

44Magnum

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello.

I have come across a weird problem with the sound on my computer.

When I play sound using the HDMI-output on my video card, through my home cinema receiver, it stutters. For a long time the audio have stuttered every 2 second, but after a check today, it only appears about every 10 second.

Here are the components I use:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS
ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboard
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB video card
Denon AVR-1611 receiver

I have tried:
Using other sound outputs like headset and speakers– did work
Switching to another HDMI – did not work
Using another computer with the same HDMI – did work
Switching channel on the receiver – did not work
Going around the receiver, plugging the HDMI directly from my video card to my screen, using the speakers on the screen – did work
Using other sound sources like my Xbox, through the receiver – did work
Making sure the HDMI was plugged in correctly – did not work
Uninstalling and re-installing the sound driver on my computer – did not work
Clean-uninstall video card driver, and re-install it - did not work
Changing from 16-bit/48kHz to 24-bit/96kHz - did not work

That means that the problem lies in the computer, but it is weird that it only appears when the sound goes through my receiver

The last option I haven’t tried is to re-install windows, but I hope there are better solutions that I can try before I do that.

What I am asking is: Is this a software or hardware problem? If software, what can I do to fix it? If hardware, is it the motherboard, the video card or just the receiver (or something else) that I have to switch out (I have warranty on everything)?

Make sure to ask if there is something else that you need to know

Thank you
Henrik

PS: Sorry for any mistakes on my english

Edited by 44Magnum, 17 April 2013 - 08:09 AM.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Is your HDMI output from your video card, if yes did you check the drivers of your video card for the audio output (hdmi.

If the drivers are ok did you check your sound option.

Right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on "Playback Devices" to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the "Playback" tab, select "Digital Output Device" or "HDMI" as the default device, click "Set Default" and click "OK" to save the changes. This method works with a straight HDMI-to-HDMI connection;

Hope this will help