P.S. I use Windows 7
removing mixi dj toolbar? [Closed]
Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:43 AM
P.S. I use Windows 7
Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:20 AM
I'm Nedklaw and I'll be glad to help you with your malware issues.
These instructions are specifically designed for orangelamp only. No one else should follow these instructions because it can cause serious damage to your computer.
Before we start to clean your computer of malware, please read through the following points to help me and you, and prevent damage to your computer:
- Please completely read through all of the instructions given to you before attempting to follow them. Reading too lightly will cause you to miss important steps, which could have DESTRUCTIVE effects. If you can't perform a certain step or you are unsure about what to do, let me know!
- Don't be afraid to ask questions! If you are unsure about anything, ask me! No question is considered stupid here!
- Be patient with me, logs can take some time to research and my life can mean that I'm busy.
- Please copy and paste all logs into your reply. Do not attach logs to a post unless I tell you to or if they don't fit in the post.
- If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
- NEVER fix anything in OTL or other programs on your own! This can be very dangerous and cause harm to your system.
- Refrain from running any other tools apart from the ones I tell you to.
Download AdwCleaner from here to your desktop.
Run AdwCleaner and select Delete.
Once done it will ask to reboot, allow this.
On reboot a log will be produced. Please post that in your next reply.
Download OTL to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select Scan All Users.
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:
netsvcs BASESERVICES %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe /md5start services.* explorer.exe winlogon.exe Userinit.exe svchost.exe winsock.* /md5stop CREATERESTOREPOINT
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won't take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic.
Download aswMBR.exe (4.5MB) to your desktop.
Double click aswMBR.exe to run it.
Click the "Scan" button to start the scan.
If Avast asks to download definitions, please say Yes.
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
Things I want to see in your next reply
- AdwCleaner Log
Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:05 AM
Do I have to do all of this just to delete it? I read that its just an add on, or at least this is what is said here http://www.xp-vista....toolbar-removal
The strange thing is that it can be removed with an antivirus program. I am currently searching for one that i will install and see if it helps.
Will this be enough? Thank you for helping
Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:26 AM
These tools are run as procedure to scan for malware. The AdwCleaner tool should remove it but the other tools allow me to look deeper and remove any other infections.
Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:50 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users