Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Wired connection works but Wifi doesn't

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I will get straight to my problem
Since yesterday,, I have not been able to connect to my internet using WiFi. It's not just my laptop that doesn't connect by WiFi but also my other devices, such as my mobile phones. However, I can connect to the internet using Ethernet cable. I have been looking for countless solutions but no luck. Anyone able to solve this issue? My computer and my devices can detect my internet but just cannot connect to it, even if I type in the correct password. Devices even try to connect to it but then it fails after a few seconds.

I have tried numerous trouble shooting, such as restarting my router, plug r unplug my router/modem, reset my router, change SSID, change wireless security mode and broadcast channel etc.

After finding no solutions whatsoever, I found this forum and will hopefully get some solutions here.