Edited by jmamax1, 24 April 2013 - 10:13 AM.
DLL error - the specified module could not be found
Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:13 AM
Summit Scripting Toolkit
- Please double-click OTL.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
- Copy the lines in the quote below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):
O4 - HKCU..\Run: [HKCU] C:\Users\Pam\AppData\Roaming\system32\winlogon.exe File not found
O4 - HKCU..\Run: [Windows Defender] C:\install\svchost.exe File not found
O4 - HKCU..\Run: [Windows UI] C:\Users\Pam\AppData\Roaming\WinUI\WinUI.exe File not found
O4 - Startup: C:\Users\Pam\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dell Dock.lnk = File not found
- Return to OTL, right click in the "Custom Scans/Fixes" window and choose Paste.
- Click the red Run Fix button.
- A report will be produced and saved in the C:\_OTL\MovedFiles folder. Open that report and post its contents in a reply.
Please download MiniRegTool64.zip and unzip it.
- Run the tool.
- Copy and paste the following in the edit box:
- Check the Search radio button.
- Put a check-mark next to HKCR box.
- Press Go button. Please post the log (Result.txt) to your reply.
Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:05 PM
o add more info, the summit script toolkit is a program that I installed and use from my main account and it works fine. I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall it again to see if this corrects the problem, but the installer keeps starting whenever my wife starts IE.
That is probably due to the limited account as the program may require proper permissions. The CURRENT USER values are loaded at startup. If the user does not have the proper permissions it can happen. Have you tried installing throughout her account or give her full administrative permission?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users