Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DLL error - the specified module could not be found

• Please log in to reply

jmamax1

jmamax1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
here is the OTL log

Edited by jmamax1, 24 April 2013 - 10:13 AM.

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
I don't see anything concerning this program.

Summit Scripting Toolkit

• Please double-click OTL.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • Copy the lines in the quote below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

:OTL
    O4 - HKCU..\Run: [HKCU] C:\Users\Pam\AppData\Roaming\system32\winlogon.exe File not found
    O4 - HKCU..\Run: [Windows Defender] C:\install\svchost.exe File not found
    O4 - HKCU..\Run: [Windows UI] C:\Users\Pam\AppData\Roaming\WinUI\WinUI.exe File not found
    O4 - Startup: C:\Users\Pam\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dell Dock.lnk = File not found

• Return to OTL, right click in the "Custom Scans/Fixes" window and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Run Fix button.
  • A report will be produced and saved in the C:\_OTL\MovedFiles folder. Open that report and post its contents in a reply.

Please download MiniRegTool64.zip and unzip it.
  • Run the tool.
  • Copy and paste the following in the edit box:

Summit

• Check the Search radio button.
  • Put a check-mark next to HKCR box.
  • Press Go button. Please post the log (Result.txt) to your reply.

jmamax1

jmamax1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
a

Edited by jmamax1, 24 April 2013 - 10:12 AM.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

o add more info, the summit script toolkit is a program that I installed and use from my main account and it works fine. I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall it again to see if this corrects the problem, but the installer keeps starting whenever my wife starts IE.

That is probably due to the limited account as the program may require proper permissions. The CURRENT USER values are loaded at startup. If the user does not have the proper permissions it can happen. Have you tried installing throughout her account or give her full administrative permission?