Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

winlogon.exe

• Please log in to reply

Zadeth

Zadeth

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I discovered a process in my Task Manager that I have never seen before, winlogon.exe, and decided to Google it. I discovered that as long as it is in System32 it is safe. Mine is not. Mine has no file location. The CPU and Memory it uses never changes. I have ran a quick and flash scan on Malwarebytes AntiMalware and I am currently running a full scan. Anyone got any experience or know how to get rid of it?
Posted Image

Advertisements

Zadeth

Zadeth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Malwarebytes found nothing.

Zadeth

Zadeth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Nor did Hitman Pro.

Zadeth

Zadeth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Please do not use up your time on this anymore. I had a friend help me. Ran other programs such as rkill and it was clean.

Zadeth

Zadeth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Actually, I am not so sure. It's still appearing in my task manager after last night and it still has no file location. Task host and task eng are also open and have not been open when I have ever checked before.