Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Many Errors, Please Help [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
You have me confused. Are we talking about 2 computers here? If we are then you will need to decide which computer you want us to work on and let me know what it is doing. Let's call the computer we started working on computer 1 and the other computer computer2.

Advertisements

Krinkle

Krinkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
computer 2 is not installing windows updates, id like to fix that one for now so i can actually have a computer until i can get a windows disk for the other one (computer 2 is the one that actually turns on you know lol)

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
OK. If computer 2 will boot into normal windows, let's get a OTL scan.

Step-1.

Posted Image OTL
OTL is currently our primary tool for searching key areas of the registry and other system locations for the telltale signs of malware. It generates a comprehensive log, and offers an initial diagnosis.
  • Download OTL to the Desktop. It is important that it is download to the Desktop. (FireFox users should right click the download link and click "Save File As". On the window that comes up, make sure the download location is the Desktop and click the Save button.)
    Make sure all other windows are closed.
  • Right click on the Posted Image OTL icon and click Run as Administrator to run it.
  • You will see a console like the one below:

Posted Image
  • Check the box beside Scan All Users at the top of the console.
    IF it is a 64bit system check the box beside Include 64bit Scans
  • Make sure the Output box at the top is set to Standard Output.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Posted Image button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so.
  • Let the scan run uninterrupted. The scan won't take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows, OTL.Txt will open on the desktop and Extras.Txt will be minimized on the taskbar. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy the contents of these files, one at a time, and paste them into your reply. To do that:
  • On the .txt file Menu Bar click Edit then click Select All. This will highlight the contents of the file. Then click Copy.
  • Right-click inside the forum post window then click Paste.This will paste the contents of the .txt file in the in the post window.
Repeat for the Extras.txt log

Step-2.

Things For Your Next Post:
Please post the logs in the order requested. Do Not attach the logs unless I request it.
1. The OTL.txt log
2. The Extras.txt log

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.