Many Errors, Please Help [Closed]
Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:48 AM
Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:25 AM
Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:46 AM
OTL is currently our primary tool for searching key areas of the registry and other system locations for the telltale signs of malware. It generates a comprehensive log, and offers an initial diagnosis.
- Download OTL to the Desktop. It is important that it is download to the Desktop. (FireFox users should right click the download link and click "Save File As". On the window that comes up, make sure the download location is the Desktop and click the Save button.)
Make sure all other windows are closed.
- Right click on the OTL icon and click Run as Administrator to run it.
- You will see a console like the one below:
- Check the box beside Scan All Users at the top of the console.
IF it is a 64bit system check the box beside Include 64bit Scans
- Make sure the Output box at the top is set to Standard Output.
- Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
- Click the button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so.
- Let the scan run uninterrupted. The scan won't take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows, OTL.Txt will open on the desktop and Extras.Txt will be minimized on the taskbar. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy the contents of these files, one at a time, and paste them into your reply. To do that:
- On the .txt file Menu Bar click Edit then click Select All. This will highlight the contents of the file. Then click Copy.
- Right-click inside the forum post window then click Paste.This will paste the contents of the .txt file in the in the post window.
Things For Your Next Post:
Please post the logs in the order requested. Do Not attach the logs unless I request it.
1. The OTL.txt log
2. The Extras.txt log
Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:36 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users