Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

The sims 2 wont work Help!

• Please log in to reply

judasneon

judasneon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: I am boiling over this game, I have installed it now 5/6/7 times.
I have had it on my sys befor and it had worked fine, I got hold of the sims uni add-on and it will only go on if the sims 2 original is on the sys.
OK so far when I come to play the game, Disk 1 in drive of the sims2, double click the icon and all I get is a box (window) with the sims 2 on the title bar, what can only be described as a Red Smartie with a white X on it & an option in the box to click ok.
I click ok and nothing happens, if I leave it nothing happens, The disk will not auto start when put into the drive but it is recognised but the sys.

I have put the latest patch onto the game, I have turned off the firewall and zone alarm, i have uninstalled nero & unmounted the virtual disk drive...

My sys:

MSI MAINBOARD KT7 WITH AMD 3200 MHZ
RADEON 9700 PRO AGP 128MB
CREATIVE AUDIDGY 2
768MB DDR 400 RAM
2X120GIG HARD DRIVES
DX9C
WINDOWS XP PRO

I have more than plenty to run the game

Advertisements