Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Multiple Display Help?

• Please log in to reply

Sephiroth1285

Sephiroth1285

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Hp Pavilion 2.8ghz Quadcore --> Geforce GTX 550 ti --> Mini-Hdmi --> Hdmi Adapter --> Hdmi Cable --> Hdmi Adapter --> Hdmi Cable --> Samsung 1080p Plasma

I know the setup is a little different, but it has worked for me for about 2 years, in two different locations. I've had no problems using my desktop on my Samsung. But recently, I purchased an LED tv.

So in my living room I have two big screen tvs. Side by side. And sometimes, I'll take the HDMI (that connects to my pc) from one tv and plug it into the other tv, for different reasons. And this is usually fine... But today, I took it out of my LED and plugged it into my Plasma and now I'm getting no signal. I checked everything... Each cable seems fine and is plugged in correctly to each adapter. The Mini-hdmi is plugged in correctly to the video card. I've went through my display settings/Nvidia Control Panel, and the computer acknowledges the tv. I can turn the "second display" on and off, but nothing happens. When I turn the 2nd display off, my TV reads "No Signal" but if I turn the 2nd display on, the TV immediately changes to "Searching for Signal". So I know something is going on. I've went through Nvidia 3d settings and made sure "multiple displays" is allowed. I've scoured the internet for help, but to no avail. I've tried unplugging everything, reconnecting, updating video drivers, powered on, powered off everything... I'm about to throw my computer out the window. Could someone please help me?

Advertisements

Sephiroth1285

Sephiroth1285

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It would be nice, out of the 50 people that read this, if someone would say something.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,016 posts
:welcome: Sephiroth1285

Sorry that you have waited longer than we would like for you to receive a reply :(

Some further information is required if you will.
What size are the two screens that you have been using.
Have you had any on screen messages such as "out of range".
What is the exact model number of the desktop so we can look at the specs.
Have you tried the computer with a smaller size computer screen to see if you get a display.
What is the main use of the set up.

It depends on the answers to the above as to what may be the cause of the issue but a weak/under supported video card is a strong contender.

For future reference, if you have waited for 3 days or more for a reply post in the Waiting Room and someone will get back to you asap http://www.geekstogo...e-waiting-room/