Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

winXp Installation et ecran bleu

• Please log in to reply

smalto

smalto

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I have 4 laptops,del satelite an ibm t42 and 2 others del...I will give more details later if necessary.

I tried installing windows xp on one of a Del laptop, ERROR:BLEU SCREEN...on that same DEL i installed unbutu 12 without any issue..

then i installed windows xp on the IBM think pad T42 without any issie, so my XP CD is good then..

now i tried to install xppro again on the on the 2 del remaining with the same CD ,Im getting on both the same BLUE SCREEN :

stop: 0x0000007E ( 0xC0000005,0xF748E0BF, 0xF78DA208, 0xF78D9F09)
pci.sys - Address F748E0BF base at F7487000, DatesStamp 3B7D855C

what is that message, and it appear during installation after xp already loaded all the file for installation from the cd...
une iDEE? ANY IDEA?
NB: all this 4 laptops have some type of port on back,like docking station you sit them on another support to be on the network

Edited by smalto, 22 April 2013 - 09:12 PM.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Hello Smalto and welcome to Geeks To Go.

Can you please repost your problem in English.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
From Free French English Translation Online

j ` have differents laptop computer a del satelite an ibm t42 and 2 other del me donnerasi if necessaire more of precisions later.

j `ai try d`installe on lke first computer del windows xp, error Blue Screen on this meme del j`ai install unbutu 12 without probleme..

j ` have then install on the ibm windows xp without probleme, therefore I tell myself that my windows xp cd is good then..

I cross in both last del, by installing windows xp with the MEME CD, j`obtient l`erreur with ecran blue:

stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0xF748E0BF, 0xF78DA208, 0xF78D9F09
pci.sys - Address F748E0BF bases at F7487000, DatesStamp 3B7D855C

qu`est that this message, and its hanging apparait l`installation apres that windows are copy necessaires files for l`inatalation..

an idea?

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Ok to bust this down, we have a Dell box running XP and Ubuntu but had a bsod with just XP on it and an IBM box running just XP.

Fill your boots Ztruker mate. :thumbsup:

smalto

smalto

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I have 4 laptops,del satelite an ibm t42 and 2 others del...I will give more details later if necessary.

I tried installing windows xp on one of a Del laptop, ERROR:BLEU SCREEN...on that same DEL i installed unbutu 12 without any issue..

then i installed windows xp on the IBM think pad T42 without any issie, so my XP CD is good then..

now i tried to install xppro again on the on the 2 del remaining with the same CD ,Im getting on both the same BLUE SCREEN :

stop: 0x0000007E ( 0xC0000005,0xF748E0BF, 0xF78DA208, 0xF78D9F09)
pci.sys - Address F748E0BF base at F7487000, DatesStamp 3B7D855C

what is that message, and it appear during installation after xp already loaded all the file for installation from the cd...
une iDEE? ANY IDEA?
NB: all this 4 laptops have some type of port on back,like docking station you sit them on another support to be on the network

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Well I make that 5 laptops Smalto...

Dell

Toshiba Satellite

IBM T42

2 others

I think these laptops are seriously old when you say they require a docking station, how old are they?

What is written on the XP disk that you have?

smalto

smalto

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
cd:xp professional

they are not old, may be 2010...we use this kind of docking station at my job with new computers.
docking station i mean these:

http://www.notebookc...ce.51930.0.html

http://www.superware...CFZIPtAodQzAAxw

http://www.geardiary...n_connected.jpg

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
This Review in the link provided was made in 2005.

http://www.notebookr...asp?newsID=2520

Without knowing the exact models of the other laptops in question I would be unable to determine their ages.

Are these laptops being used within a company environment and if so does that company have a VLK agreement with Microsoft?