Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ComboFix Won't Go Beyond 'However, scan times for badly infect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

boweasel

boweasel

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Vista Home Premium - 32 bit. I ran a full Malwarebytes and cleaned up 2 viruses. I then ran Super Anti Spyware and cleaned up 367 problems. But the PC is still slow so I tried to use ComboFix, which I have used before. It never goes beyond the 'However scan times for badly infected machines may easily double.
  • I have tried running it in safe mode
  • I have redownloaded it as Combo-Fix
  • I have tried right-clicking the icon and running it as an administrator
  • I have tried running it in safe mode
Nothing has gotten it to the Stage 1 screen.

I also ran TDSSKiller which found no problems. And when ComboFix is unresponsive, I'm unable to end it. Even ending the task CF10039.exe has no effect, other than to make the task disappear fro taskmgr - the blue screen won't go away unless I press and hold the power button - shut down or restart do nothing while the CF blue screen displays.

Edited by boweasel, 22 April 2013 - 12:08 PM.

Advertisements