Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My ps3 controller won't connect to my ps3

• Please log in to reply

BloodRain

BloodRain

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Had my ps3 for a while now and was using the original controller up until about 3 weeks ago when it decided to flip out, so I'm borrowing a friends. First controller I got wouldn't connect even after resetting and plugging it into the USB cord. So I thought it was just broken, borrowed yet another controller and now this one wont connect either.

I've reset it, plugged it in, unplugged it, rest again, turned off my system and still nothing. I'm about to throw my ps3 out the window unless someone helps me!

Advertisements

KevtheG

KevtheG

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the same Exact problem and i think it might be the usb cable because before it stopped connecting i would have to wiggle the cable a little before it would start charging
I thought it was my controller then i tried my cousins and it wouldn't connect either.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
did you try resetting the controller? there is a pinhole in the back, use a paperclip or something then hook it up again.

KevtheG

KevtheG

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ive tried that but i figured it out it was just the usb cable ive started using some random one laying around and it did the trick hope the other guy sees this

mknor

mknor

• Pip
  • 5 posts

OK my ps3 did not want to connect  to any **bleep** controller.  I reset  the ps3, I reset the controller,  I turn it  off, unplugged power and every combination in between.  I wanted to smash it with a hammer--connect to this you evil $!&*!#.   So in a last ditch effort I bought a wired 6axis controller.  Still nothing so I plugged in a mouse and it worked!  I could at least navigate the menu and I did a complete format and restore.  Took forever.  When it restarted I tried the controller and nothing!!  So I unplugged it and moved it  to the other USB port (the farthest one left or closest to the edge.  I tried the x button and BOOM I was in business.