Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop wont connect to wireless router...

• Please log in to reply

Aaron

Aaron

Expert

• Expert
  • 3,155 posts
A few things come to my mind:

- make sure there is no MAC filter enabled on the router.
- set the IPv4 IP, DNS and gateway setting to automatic: http://windows.micro...tcp-ip-settings .
- reset firewall on computer.
- make sure the security code is typed correctly.
- temporary disable the security (WEP/WPA (2) encryption and mac filter) on the router and check if you can connect now.

Advertisements

rayray8803

rayray8803

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok after doing a few things here and there, especially what maser00 suggested about the "set the IPv4 IP, DNS and gateway setting to automatic" I typed in the IP address and got it online. Now my next problem I'm facing is

Firefox browser page says "Server Not Found" "Check address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com" "If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connections" "If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is premitted access to the Web"

Internet Explorer says "cannot display the webpage" Hit "Diagnose Connection Problems" and it says "Plu a cable into the network adaptor "Local Area Connection" "Change the setting for the network adapter "Wireless Network Connection" A problem with your network router or broadband modem might be preventing an Internet connection"

rayray8803

rayray8803

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok, i dont know what I did but the laptop is online. I followed maser00 instructions by entering the IP address into the IPv4. It got online but not connected to the internet. So I went back and had the computer sign in automaticlly. Now i'm online. This networking stuff is confuzing. But thank you so much to all for helping out

Aaron

Aaron

Expert

• Expert
  • 3,155 posts
Good to hear that. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good job guys and I thank you all for the quick help. :thumbsup: