Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Usage Stuck @25% - svchost.exe [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Hello

What was the main Malware? Spyware? that was causing my cpu to stuck at 25% usage ? And what else was wrong ? (yeah.. it's true I still don't know at this point... and that might help me avoid it in the future) - I do not think there was any or at least none showed up in the reports - Our tools reset some settings and cleaned out the temp files maybe something was in there

I notice that during the cleaning process my firefox add-on Alexa statusbar was uninstalled/deleted, is it that bad or is just because it saves and reports my "surfing habits" ? - it does keep track of things and that is why it was flagged

And the last question is almost answered in your last post, but I still have about 6 or 7 months of NIS license, would you recommend me to use it instead of MSE ? Or should I stick to MSE ? - keep it for now but when the license is up check out MSE and see if you like it

You are most welcome

Gringo

Advertisements

anali

anali

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
And Again Thank you,

I think you can close this topic now :)

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
you are more than welcome

gringo

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.