Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

General Troubles :x

• Please log in to reply

WarpGenesis

WarpGenesis

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Sooo I was messing with my computer earlier, (That is already foreboding but oh well) and saw a button and switch on the side of my motherboard. I was curious as to what they did and hadn't taken the time to read what they did. Soo I pressed the button and flipped the switch. (I was troubleshooting a problem with a sound card so everything was still plugged in.) And now the screen won't show anything. I will list my specs below if that helps at all. :X

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus P8 Z77-V LK
Processor: I7-3770K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb
GPU: MSI 660 Ti
PSU: Antec 850w

Please help :X

Advertisements

WarpGenesis

WarpGenesis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It's Warp again, going to attempt to do a System Restore and see if that undoes what I messed up. It's Initializing now, will continue updating as I try new things. I believe I have a method to fix it, but no means to that end. I believe I need to use the Device Manager to update the hardware in my computer so it will recognize the Graphics Card again, but the problem is whenever I have the card in whatsoever it just black screens. Time to see if the Recovery did anything. Be back soon~

WarpGenesis

WarpGenesis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I found a fix, (Hopefully) I believe that resetting the BIOS will fix it. To do this, at least for Asus motherboards, pull the big coin-like battery out for a bit (Around a minute or two) let the motherboard discharge, then put it back in. And it should be reset. Testing now and I will tell if it works in a bit.

WarpGenesis

WarpGenesis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
That didn't work, still looking for help :X Hope somebody can help~

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Did you look in your manual as to what that switch and the button do? You moved the switch back?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
Please excuse the interjection Brazened ;)

WarpGenesis

First thing I suggest that you do is remove the add on video card and connect your screen to the MBs onboard video port and see if the computer attempts to boot up, if it does - keep tapping the Esc/Del key to access the BIOS and once there restore the MBs default factory settings, press F10 to save the changes, Y to confirm the changes and then allow the computer to complete the POST.

Ensure that you disconnect all power from the computer before opening the case and ground yourself before reaching inside and touching any hardware, you can do this by touching a bare metal part of the case.

Let us know how the above goes before you do anything else please.

As an asides WarpGenesis I would have replied to your OP but thought you were already receiving assistance, see my canned text below;

Please do not reply to your own OP or last reply as it may lead to your request for help being overlooked, staff and members who assist on the forums will always check out a topic that has not received any replies to see if they are able to help, if you reply to your own OP it will appear to others viewing the board that you have received a reply and so are already being helped.
If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that you do not get overlooked.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
WarpGenesis

Do you still require assistance with this or is all now well with the computer ?