Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help from Heir, virus causing computer to freeze and cause blue s

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

groch

groch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
The files are not big, 284 kb each. Do they need to be zipped?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Purely for attaching is all

OK lets get you to check them out..

Download and run Whocrashed

When it has finished analysing the dumps could you tell me what file/driver is responsible

groch

groch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: OFFICE
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz Intel586, level: 6
2 logical processors, active mask: 3
RAM: 4293902336 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1989881856

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 5/3/2013 9:30:45 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x406F8, 0xFFFFF800036FC447)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 4/22/2013 12:18:46 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042213-21216-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x50, 0xFFFFF8A00C09A000, 0xC09A, 0x2000000000)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 4/14/2013 11:01:05 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041413-28844-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF88005C8C501)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x7, 0x1, 0xFFFFF88005C8C501)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 191.33
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 191.33
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 191.33 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Fri 4/12/2013 12:59:12 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041113-35833-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x406F8, 0xFFFFF800036B5447)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.

On Wed 4/10/2013 6:00:44 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041013-33774-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (0xFFFFF960001A62AB)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF960004BCE18, 0x0, 0xFFFFF960001A62AB, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 6/1/2012 2:01:27 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\053112-59030-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (NETIO+0x8D5E)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x10, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF88001735D5E)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netio.sys
description: Network I/O Subsystem
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 191.33 , NVIDIA Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Have you followed the suggestion to update your video driver nvlddmkm.sys

groch

groch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Yes. I went to the NVIDIA site and updated the driver using their automatic driver search and update tool

groch

groch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
But about 4 hours later while in Chrome, scrolling thru a website, The system crashed. I got the blue screen with the following messages:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQAL
Check any new hardware or software has been properly installed
Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing
I shut the system off and restarted. I selected a windows start up repair option (windows recommended) which restored to en earlier working version. I noticed the Whocrashed software was not on by desktop, so it was a version earlier than today
When I restarted, got to this forum to redownload Whocrashed, but the computer hung up
When I attempted to start in the safe mode i got a screen titled American Megatrends
BIOS Version A06
All data on the screen for the computer looks ok except I got CMOS checksum bad
Press F1 to continue, Press F2 to enter set up
This does not look good to me!
Groch

groch

groch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Now I cannot get the computer to boot up at all

groch

groch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I was able to reload the default BIOS settings and started in the safe mode. I will await instructions

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK that was one of the suggestions I was going to give, reset BIOS to default. Is the system time correct on reboot ?

I would like to try a clean boot to see if a driver is involved

Next we will check for driver conflicts

Step 1: Start MSConfig

Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.

Step 2: Configure Selective Startup options

1.In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Selective Startup on the General tab.

Posted Image

2.Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
Note The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.

3.Click the Services tab.

Posted Image

4.Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
5.Click Disable All, and then click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.

Once back in windows does the problem still occur ?

groch

groch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
The system has been quite unstable since installing the NVIDIA driver. The crashes are documenting a driver error somewhere. There seems to be an issue with a driver trying to access a memory register that does not exist or is overflowing. I also uninstalled Displayfusion as I was getting a message yesterday about not findings the US language, which was odd to me and had not occurred and was also a piece of recently updated software related to the video driver . I have followed your instructions and windows has booted up normally. The stability of the system has been quite random. Yesterday the system was up and running all day, about 7 or 8 hours before it crashed. We are up and running normally now, I will status you on how well the system runs today. I also tried but was not able to update teh BIOS. If I go to the Dell website and enter my service tag, and search for BIOS updates it finds one to download and install. I was able to complete the download but could not get the program to run, it would hang. Task Manager would show the program not responding, so I have not completed that task. In your opinion, should I flash the BIOS now that I am up and running?
Thanks for the help
Groch

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
A BIOS update is the very, very last resort. As here we are working with the very bottom level of the system operation, one small error and it will not boot

At the moment you are only running with MS services and drivers running, so if all is well after a while we will need to load the other drivers in batches to determine the faulty one

groch

groch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
So far it's been running unattended for 2 hours. I will be doing some computer tasks - email, browsing so we'll see if it's stable. I will advise.
Thanks
Groch

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK once you are happy with the performance we will do the boring and tedious bit :)

groch

groch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Ok. Lets let it go 24 hours and I'll post a reply

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
This may get a tad tiresome I am afraid