Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

usp10.dll is missing error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

AndrewRLP

AndrewRLP

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop, E Series, its only about 5-6 months old and is running on Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010.

Just recently it got this error message saying that USP10.dll is missing, please try re-installing the program and try again.

problem is, it happens on nearly every program.

I can and have run Microsoft Security Essentials and it found no problems at all.

I have updated all drivers (none needed updating)

I cannot turn on my AVG free 2013 anti-virus.

I cannot uninstall programs and I cannot install programs.

I ran the sfc /scannow and it stops at 12% everytime and says it cannot fix all issues.

I have an sfc scan log but no idea how to read it, or where to go from here to fix the issues.

I can't do a system restore either, when I try it fails everytime, no matter which restore point I try to use.

I have also run the disk error checking tool via properties on the hard drive and ran as many other scans/fixes I can find in the safe mode menu.

The laptop cam with Windows pre-installed and without any discs.

Can anyone help?

Advertisements

farbar

farbar

Developer

• Expert
  • 503 posts
Hi AndrewRLP,

Welcome to the forum.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

AndrewRLP

AndrewRLP

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the response.

I needed the laptop fixed quite urgently and due to the delay in getting a response I just decided to do a system restore and start over again.

Everything is fine now.

farbar

farbar

Developer

• Expert
  • 503 posts
I'm sorry for the delay. Glad to know it is resolved. In case you needed assistance again please don't hesitate to come back.:)

This thread will now be closed since the issue seems to be resolved.

If you need this topic reopened, please send me a Private Message and I will reopen it for you.

If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic.

Every one else should start a new topic.