Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Server Not Found/System Restore Not Working

• Please log in to reply

tuffstuff

tuffstuff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
yes I did. I made sure I checked everything you wanted. Do you want me to run it again?

Edited by tuffstuff, 11 June 2013 - 01:22 PM.

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
That's not necessary. If everything was checked then there wasn't anything for Dial-A-Fix to do. You can delete the Dial-A Fix file from the desktop. What are the issues remaining?

tuffstuff

tuffstuff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
the same issues as always can't stay connected and the update still appears on my taskbar. I think you have gone above and beyond in helping me and I cannot thank you enough. I very much appreciate all the time you have spent doing this.

I guess the only thing to be done is to reinstall XP. I have to find my cd or borrow one.

Thank you again for everything.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
You are very welcome.

I am sorry I couldn't resolve these issues but I have exhausted everything I can think of. The system is clean as far as I can tell so the issues that are left are operating system issues.

When we ran Combofix it installed the Recovery Center so you may be able to reinstall from there.

You need to go back to the original topic you posted in the Windows XP forum here and tell them that system was gone thru in the Virus and spyware removal forum and it is clean. Be sure to tell them that we ran ComboFix and the Recovery Center was installed. Here is the link to post containing the ComboFix log...http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/329651-server-not-foundsystem-restore-not-working/page__view__findpost__p__2301479

Also be sure to include a link to this topic starting at the beginning so they can see what has been done. The link to this topis is...http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/329651-server-not-foundsystem-restore-not-working/

I will let the colleagues that were working with me know that you have returned to the original topic in the XP forum.

Good luck.

tuffstuff

tuffstuff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
thank you again. you mean I maybe can reinstall without a cd?

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
The Techs can give you a more definitive answer. But if you can't find the XP install CD I believe you can order a Recovery Disk for XP. I think they are around $30. The Techs would know more.

tuffstuff

tuffstuff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
thank you so much again for everything.

I have posted back on the xp forum.

Edited by tuffstuff, 12 June 2013 - 05:38 PM.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
You are welcome :thumbsup: