Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Webcam suddenly wont' work online

• Please log in to reply

CompuFudge

CompuFudge

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
A few weeks ago, after no major changes that I can recall, my webcam suddenly stopped working on any websites. It still does and did work on Skype, Photoshop, etc. However when I go to a site like Omegle, or Google Hangout, or any webcam test site nothing shows up, in any browser. I am fairly computer literate, and I used to do PC repair in the side.... Here is what I have done:

Uninstalled Java and Flash.
Uninstalled Chrome and Firefox.
Cleared the cache for all of these, basically removed any trace of them from my system.

Re-installed the current version of all 3 programs.
Ran Spyare/Malware checks. (MalwareBytes and a few others I used to use for virus removals). Nothing came up or looked fishy, at least to me.

I restrict java usage normally in Chrome only, but re-enabled it and still nothing works.

I am completely stumped. Help? I don't want to have to restore the whole machine while I'm mid-semester. There just isn't time!

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements