Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Format/Partition an SD card

• Please log in to reply

anazopyreo

anazopyreo

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I recently bought an exercise bike that has a nice iFit feature. This will let me plug an SD card in and that will control the workout. I bought a blank 8 GB SD card and then purchased a download from the ifit.com website (URL included in case you need to find anything there to help me). After purchasing the download I found out that the SD card cannot be bigger than 1 GB. Is it possible to format or partition my 8 GB card such that the bike will be able to read it?

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Have a read of this mate.

http://forum.xda-dev...rd_partitioning

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
I don't think that it is the size of the partition which is the issue:

wiki SD memory card

It defined higher-capacity cards, some with faster speeds and added capabilities: SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) and SDXC (Secure Digital eXtended Capacity). These cards redefine the interface so that they cannot be used in older host devices.

The SDSC card goes up to 2Gb, which means that your 8Gb card is not a SDSC, but most likely a SDHC.

This means you might want to get a cheap 1Gb card, perhaps someone will give you one.

anazopyreo

anazopyreo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I will try your suggestion Wolfeymole, but I'm afraid that Kemasa is probably right. I'm just not sure where I can find a 1 GB card, I don't even know who I could ask, but thanks for the help.

Edited by anazopyreo, 28 April 2013 - 11:20 AM.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Ebay is one option. The prices seem pretty low. Some auctions did not sell at $1 with free shipping.

anazopyreo

anazopyreo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Oh, thanks, I will check ebay and Amazon since I have a gift card there.