Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Yontoo 2.052/Yontoo LLC [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

butterrice

butterrice

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I have an HP Mini. I can not get rid of Yontoo 2.052. When I click "uninstall" an error message pops up saying the "Initialization Set Up failed". I have run all scans - TFC, Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, Microsoft Essentials, and ESET. I even tried REVO which doesn't even bring it up on it's list of things to remove. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Advertisement

butterrice

butterrice

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Okay - I downloaded from two different sites the Windows 7 Wireless drivers to a Memory stick and tried to open them on my mini. I got an error for both saying the file was corrupted. I was able to download a WIndows Vista driver but it still shows the yellow sign with exclamation point. My wireless light is on but it doesn't detect anything stating "windows cannot find any networks". When I run the troubleshooter it says "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured. Install wireless networking hardware, and verify that the correct drivers are loaded".

Edited by admin, 29 April 2013 - 10:15 PM.
merged topics

butterrice

butterrice

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
The second post regarding wireless drivers has been resolved. Just wanted to clarify.

butterrice

butterrice

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
After much research, it appears I have resolved the problem. If there are any other checks I should do, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for considering this post.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 17,609 posts
Hello butterrice,

Does this mean you have got rid of Yontoo?

• If not or if you want us to check your log please download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 17,609 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Advertisement