Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My Computer Problem

• Please log in to reply

aldrich24

aldrich24

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I'm a newbie here in geeks to go.
I'm having a big problem in my old PC that runs smoothly before I reformat it and installed windows XP SP3.
Last month, maybe I've reformatted my computer about 5 times I guess. And it runs programs smoothly.
But then yesterday I reformatted it again same OS (Windows XP SP3) installed appropriate drivers and programs.
Recent times I can run multiple programs smoothly like VLC Media Player, Google Chrome and Photoshop. But yesterday after I've reformatted my PC and do the same things like install drivers and programs (VLC, Photoshop, Browser etc..) I've noticed that when I'm browsing web pages using Google Chrome it's looks like lag, and when I create a new scratch in Adobe Photoshop CS4 also it lags. I'm wondering why this is happening. I've done error-checking in my C: drive.

Specs:

Windows XP SP3
Intel Celeron D @2.66GHZ
1GB DDR400 RAM
Nvidia FX 5500 256MB
111GB HDD (Sata) Which OS is installed
19.0GB HDD (I don't know what type this is)
Please help.

Edited by aldrich24, 01 May 2013 - 11:02 PM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 5,962 posts
Hi aldrich24,

Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Sounds like a possible hardware issue. You mentioned that you ran error-checking in my C: drive. I'd like to see the resultant log, if you don't mind.

To find the log that is produced please do the following:

• Reboot the computer.
  • Click on Start then Control Panel
  • In Control Panel click on Administrative Tools
  • Click on Event Viewer
  • Once the Event Viewer opens, click on Application in the left pane
  • In the right pane locate the Winlogon entry under the Source column that corresponds with the time that Checkdisk was ran.
  • Double click on it and a window will open.
  • Click on the save to clipboard button --> Posted Image (might be a bit different on your computer, if the button is there at all)

This will save the log to your clipboard till you paste it in you next reply.

Also,

Go to Start then to Run
Type in compmgmt.msc and click OK
On the left side click on Disk Management
On the right side you will see your hard drive.
Expand the middle pane to full view.

Now I need you to take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply. Do the following to take a screenshot while the above is open and showing on your desktop.

To do a screenshot please click on the Print Screen key on your keyboard.

Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
Make sure the window is open all the way so I can see everything on the top right window.

On Vista/Win7 you could also use the snipping tool and click File > Save As... and save to your desktop.

Attach it to your next post.

Thank you,

Donna :)

Edited by DonnaB, 02 May 2013 - 05:33 AM.

GSpeedcomputer

GSpeedcomputer

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hi im also a new here in geeks. .the topic here is really interesting