Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Startup Repair

• Please log in to reply

DaveCPA

DaveCPA

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am brand-new to this site and don't even know how to ask for help. Windows 7 won't startup, even in safe mode, can't repair itself, and there are no restore points to go back to. I have read several threads and the one where Essexboy helped someone seems to fit my problem. I followed those instructions and got as far as getting a FRST.txt file created and don't know how to proceed from here. Can someone help me?

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   17.08KB   122 downloads

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Provide a link to the post by Essexboy please.

Also, this entry TDL4: custom:26000022 <===== ATTENTION! in FRST.txt indicates you may have some malware so I would urge you to go to the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum, read the first post and follow instructions.

Come back here once you get a clean bill of health if you still have problems.

DaveCPA

DaveCPA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
This is the link from essexboy that I was reading: http://www.geekstogo...up-repair-loop/
except that I downloaded the 32 bit versions because the 64 bit wouldn't work. I had run Malwarebytes full scan in safe mode and it didn't find any malware. Subsequently, I can't even get into safe mode anymore. It loops where the only two choices I have are repair and start normally. The start goes into reboot and the repair says that the problem can't be fixed.

DaveCPA

DaveCPA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I went to the page you suggested and downloaded OTL and ran it on the sick computer. I have attached the OTL text file.

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.Txt   14.27KB   161 downloads

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Please do not post it here. Start a new thread in the Malware forum as they are the ones who can help you.

As I said, come back here once you get a clean bill of health if you still have problems.

DaveCPA

DaveCPA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
My apologies. I am new to all of this. I opened a new topic there and attached the OTL text file. Thank you for your help.