Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown BSOD's

• Please log in to reply

jay012992

jay012992

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi. I bought this laptop a few months ago and recently I've been getting the blue screen of death, total of 3 times already. It would pop up and it'll have like a little timer that counts until it restarts, then after restarting everything seems fine. I would attach the logs but it says I'm not permitted... Thanks.

Advertisements

jay012992

jay012992

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Edit: Here is the most recent log I have, I have 2 others from previous BSOD's but I believe they are the same... Thanks

Attached Files

jay012992

jay012992

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Edit: Hi. Another BSOD just happened again, this time I caught the name of it. It said Worker Thread Returned At Bad Irql. Then at the bottom it had like a timer and it went up til I think 100 then restarted. After the restart everything seems fine. It just happens randomly. Like this time when it happened I was just listening to music on Spotify and surfing the web. This is on an Asus X53E Laptop running Windows 7. I'll attach the BSOD minidump Log. Thanks.

I also been googling and I came across sevenforums.com with a similar situation and the same name of the BSOD. It says some software concern is McAfee, which is what I have now but the trial ended and I never uninstalled it. I guess McAfee is known to cause BSOD's?

Attached Files

Edited by jay012992, 08 May 2013 - 09:16 PM.