Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Letter L missing from PDF

• Please log in to reply

vistasucks

vistasucks

• PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
hi all again,
now, this may just be me doing something wrong ( as usual ) but i came across a bit of a weird one today...
my wife tried to print a PDF document from an email attachment...it downloaded and opened fine and went to the printer ok but when it had finished printing she noticed all the "L's " were missing...this was with adobe on my pc...so i opened the same file on my lappy which uses foxit and printed from that...the print came out the same with the L's missing
anyone got any ideas why this would be :confused:

your assistance is appreciated

regards

nige

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Just a thought, did you try another PDF document or any document to see if the "L" are missing also.

And did you try to print on another printer to see if the missing "L" are caused by a faulty printer.

Hope that helps

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
nope...but i'll give it a try..thanks mate

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Wow, that is odd but I'd say it's the printer.

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
just printed off my insurance docs from a pdf file....no problems there....at least the printer is ok, i'll just have to put it down to my printer having a dose of PMS :lol:

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Your PDF files that does not print the "L" might be because of the font format, I saw this article about it and this might help

TrueType fonts and Windows applications

When printing from a Windows application and the document contains TrueType fonts, users might find that the printer is using its own fonts (device fonts) instead of the TrueType fonts and this can result in some characters being printed as "empty boxes" ([]). The solution to this is to force the printer download the TrueType fonts for printing. To do this:

In the Print dialog in the Windows application, click Properties.
Click Advanced.
Under Graphic settings, change the TrueType Font option to Download as Softfont.
Click OK and print.

Hope that helps

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
thanks buddy, i'll give it a go :thumbsup: