Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Works Fine After Windows Format?

• Please log in to reply

boomdan

boomdan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So Its probably pretty obvious that system format does help a lot, yet still Im really curious about what might have lagged my comp.
Ive been trying for a while to play Dead Island Riptide, yet I had horrible horrible screen shuttering, its was unable to play the game. I tried pretty much everything to cleaning my comp with Advanced System Care, I tried to defragmment, tried to run the game through Invidia with the highest performance, started the windows with no start up progarms what so ever and still the game just kept horribly lagging so I formated C. Walla, everything works perfect, Im just really curious if next time I come across this problem, what actually might be the main reason for it and is there a reason to check it?

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi boomdan,

Welcome to Geek to go! :)

Very sorry that no one answered your request for knowledge sooner. From your description of past history I'd say the following "could" (and I quote) have had something to do with your problems.

I tried pretty much everything to cleaning my comp with Advanced System Care,

Advanced System Care includes a registry cleaner. We advise not to use this or any registry cleaner as there have been reports of them clearing out needed registry entries and messing up PCs. In addition, what they do clean up is so small that little or no advantages are noticed.

Modifying registry keys incorrectly can cause Windows instability, or make Windows unbootable. No registry cleaner is completely safe and the potential is ever present to cause more problems than they claim to fix.

Registry cleaners cannot distinguish between good and bad. If you run a registry cleaner, it will delete all those keys which are obsolete and sitting idle; but in reality, those keys may well be needed by some programs or windows at a later time.

Donna :)