Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aurora and Other Viruses [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Bob Feinberg

Bob Feinberg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All:

New to this site. I just spent 3 hours on the phone with Symantec trying to get rid of two problems. The first is a Trojan Horse virus infecting the following file c:\windows\system32\rdriv.sys. We attempted removal and it still is here.

Secondly the Aurora pop up. I don't know where to even begin. I have run Adaware ans spybot to no avail. The system has improved, at least I have internet capability, but the virus is still present and the pop ups are driving me crazy. Please lead me in the right direction. I have Hijack, so I can run a log, with some direction. I am not that comfortable doing this. Please help.

Thank you.

Bob

Advertisements

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Hello Bob Feinberg :tazz:

Please read the directions here about posting a hijack log
repost your hijack log into this thread using the add reply button at the top of the page

Thanks

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.