Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New backup blocked (error 0x80070057)

• Please log in to reply

Creeks

Creeks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi friends,

when I try a new backup with my Win 7 Home premium 64bit OS I do the following steps:

1) USB plug-in of external hard disc
2) Call up of Control Panel / System and Security / Backup and Restore
3) In the Backup and Restore window Click the button "Options"
4)Then in the appearing little display choose --> "Change backup settings"
5) And give administrator confirmation.

The search process then is running for several seconds, After that appears a new window "Set up Backup" which shows (instead of the expected external hard drive) only my DVD RW drive as possible location for the backup. When I click "Refresh" in that window the last consequence is that after a short search appears the knockdown announcement:

"The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)".

Nothing else happens. What can I do?

I'm really thankful for your help
Creeks

Edited by Creeks, 07 May 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
When you plug the external USB drive in, can you see it in Disk Management and My Computer?

You may want to consider using a different backup program, like Macrium Reflect Free or Acronis True Image 2013 (not free).