Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio Hardly boots

• Please log in to reply

Danail

Danail

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi!I have Sony Vaio SVE15127CDS which i bought on last christmas in Canada before my long vacation in Bulgaria.everithing ran fine till two weeks ago when on startup the memory status light started giving short flashes(btween39&40 in less than a second timing each) before it shut down and a black screen.It usually started normally on the third start up attempt.I had to put in on "sleep" mode so I could put it to work without any problem.It became worse 2 days ago when by accident i put it on"hibernate" the next startup wasn't successful till now with the memory status light constantly flashing and black screen also.it's still under warranty but plobably lost the receipt and not worthy going back to Canada just for a repair.Any advice or help would be appreciated!!!

Edited by Danail, 08 May 2013 - 08:01 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: Danail

Try removing and then reseating the Ram securely, an example guide to help you do this http://www.crucial.c...all/sodimm.aspx

Checking that your Ram is seated securely will not void your warranty BTW :thumbsup:

As an asides I would try and find your proof of purchase in case you need to contact Sony, your standard Sony warranty like the notebook is mobile and goes where you go so you should still receive support wherever you may be.