Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Computer Guru Help; System Won't Boot Up Nor Will System Reco

• Please log in to reply

PITTSTON2SARASOTA

PITTSTON2SARASOTA

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I really need help from a computer "expert".

My computer crashed a few days ago; Got Blue Screen....System Memory Dump Crash.....Restart Windows to avoid damage.

When I restarted all I get is the HP Blue Invent LOGO.

Tried F8 Key for safe mode...nothing. Then tried system recovery....F11 Key...still no recovery menu????

All I get is blank screen with blinking rectangle in upper, right hand corner.

Tried running recovery discs....get.....DISK BOOT FAILURE........INSERT SYSTEM DISC...Press Enter.....tried this and still get nothing...not even recovery options and I did disconnect all USB devices except Mouse and Keyboard.

Went into BIOS...shows main Drive "C" at it's Full Capacity????? Ran SMART check in all three options says drive is fine.

Tried resetting boot priorities to Hard Drive(s)?????? And to DVD Drive...still only get insert disc.......

Fans are all functioning.

ANYONE have any idea what's wrong before I call computer repair.

It seems as IF Windows Vista has been purged from my computer drive as well as all my data.

I do have recovery discs I made plus everything backed up on DVD's and external hard drive.

ANY suggestions and/or advice/information would be greatly appreciated.

THANKYOU!!!!!

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Hello Pitts and welcome to Geeks To Go

This issue could be one of two things, either the hard drive is dead or the drive is that full that there is no room for Windows to function properly.

A certain amount of space must always be left so that Windows can perform certain tasks, you may also have seen a Disk Full warning at some point.

If the latter aspect is true then you have some stark choices to make.

Either run Dban which will overwrite the drive erasing everything or hook it to another machine, preferably externally using something like this.. http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B001A5SK56 and wipe the drive via Diskpart in Command Prompt.

This is an excellent tutorial.

http://www.sevenforu...rt-command.html

The most expensive choice would be to get professional help involved.

PITTSTON2SARASOTA

PITTSTON2SARASOTA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Wolfey and Thanx for the welcome and post.

Hopefully I can figure out the problem.

I don't believe the drive is full...I had 300 GB's of free space before the crash.

Thanx for the links...I'll check them out and let you know IF I get system rebooted.

Edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA, 09 May 2013 - 08:24 PM.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Please do Pitts. :thumbsup: