Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I cant download anything!

• Please log in to reply

vmnaylor1

vmnaylor1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my browser is internet explorer 10. n since my laptop updated to it now I cant download anything!!! I don't know what to do please help.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 20,001 posts
  • MVP
I've seen this several times with AVG. The download seems to work but at the last minute it says it's infected and deleted?

See

http://www.geekstogo...g-virusmalware/

http://www.geekstogo..._1#entry2290747 (post #4)

If it just doesn't want to start to download anything, in IE, Tools, Internet Options, Security, Internet, Default. Also Uncheck Enable Protected Mode. OK

Open IE then click on the gear then Click the Safety button, point to SmartScreen Filter, and then click Turn Off SmartScreen Filter. In the Microsoft? SmartScreen Filter dialog box, click OK.

Restart IE and try another download.

You can also just uninstall IE10. It should revert to IE9. (If it doesn't it will pick up IE10 if you go into Control Panel and do Windows Updates. You will need to tell Windows Updates to ask before installing or it will put IE 10 back the next time it checks for updates.)

Could also be a firewall problem. If you have a third part firewall try disabling it.

Ron