Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying To Learn How To Use Laptop

• Please log in to reply

gayleaunt

gayleaunt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I took a new "used" Dell X200 Latitude notebook in payment of a debt. How do I interface, (Can I?) with E-Machine desktop? Whole new world with many advanced options on the laptop that I don't understand. I am okay surfing the net, and with basic computer use but need to learn new stuff and can't figure out where to start. So far every topic I read wants information I don't have and apparently am tooo dumb to find. He <_< lp!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
By "interface" do you mean share files, printers, and an Internet connection? If so, you're going to want to connect your computers to a network. There are a number of ways to do this, from a simple cross over cable, to a wireless network.

Since one of the advantages of a laptop is portability, I'd recommend a wireless network. This will require the purchase and installation of a wireless router and laptop wireless network card.

Maybe, someone else will add some recomendations, or you can start by by clicking here