Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

I cant type!

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Dale_*

Guest_Dale_*
I cant type on certain programs, such as microsoft word, and, (more importantly) windows help. However I CAN type on notepad, msn messenger, and internet explorer. HELP ME PLEASE! <_<

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi dale
check to make sure that the right driver is installed for your keyboard in your hardware settings? did you add any thing to your pc before this problems started? what type of keyboard do you have?
<_<

Guest_Dale_*

Guest_Dale_*
I have my old standard factory compaq keyboard, which has worked perfectly ever since I first had it. The problem occurred out of the blue, as I hadnt tweaked any settings/installed any programs on my pc beforehand. Hence i cant imagine the problem being due to the driver, however I shall check for you now...

Guest_Dale_*

Guest_Dale_*
Well it looks like everything should be fine, my keyboard seems correctly installed, but i still cant type <_<

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
is the keyboard you have one of compaq internet keyboards?
<_<

Guest_Dale_*

Guest_Dale_*
Yes, it has quick-launch keys, but i have them disabled.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
dale
here is a link to the compaq site for trouble shooting there keyboards compag site they are pointing it to being a driver problem too. if installing the new drivers do not help I would say that the keyboard needs to be replaced.
<_<