Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New partition

• Please log in to reply

grim4o4

grim4o4

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I was wondering if creating a partition on a drive as a logical drive would delete all the files currently on that drive. Thanks

Advertisements

stuart813

stuart813

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
the data on the drive will only be lost if you delete the current partition... you can create a second partition but only if the hdd has any unpartitioned space..

grim4o4

grim4o4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
So if I have unallocated space and I change it into a logical drive so that windows can recognize it none of the files that are on that drive will be deleted?

stuart813

stuart813

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
as long as you stick to unallocated space you wont harm your existing files..... :tazz:

grim4o4

grim4o4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
You rock man. Thank you

stuart813

stuart813

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
no probs :tazz: