Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7 BSOD's at least twice daily

• Please log in to reply

skewsy

skewsy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi G2G's
My desktop has been BSODing since February and I've tried everything I can think of and find all to no avail.
I've tested RAM & HDD's etc. CPU runs at over 90% very often causing slow responses.

Last 3 days it's even stopped creating dmp files!

I've run Minitoolbox and Auto-runs and have attached the results plus for your perusal - I hope :-|

My system is: - (It just did it again so I'll update the files - hopefully. I disabled boot apps in safe mode this morning.)

Gigabyte H67MA-USB3-B3
SSD C drive OCZ-Vertex2 120GB
16G RAM

Appreciate any help/advice/instructions you can provide.

Attached Files

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
It appears that your issues are caused by your AV Kaspersky.
Please remove it reboot your machine then run the removal tool.
http://support.kaspe...ce.aspx?el=1464

Reboot and then install Avast free.
http://www.filehippo...vast_antivirus/

Then test the machine and let us know the outcome you may re install Kaspersky at anytime this is just a trouble shooting process.

skewsy

skewsy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That was my first impression rockmilk, but I've disabled most of the apps in msconfig, including some services - not MS - and I've not had a BSOD since!

Kaspersky is still running and although the system is not as responsive as before BSOD's started, it is running.

Do you think it could still be Kaspersky?