Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Word Pictures/Drawings

• Please log in to reply

swicklund

swicklund

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I am havine a problem with pictures & drawings not showing up on the screen in Word 2002. They print fine, but I cannot see them, and it is really anoying. When I resize the photo/drawing in question, it will show up, but then when I scroll away from it, and back again, it is gone. ;)

I have never had this problem using word before, and it is quite perplexing. :tazz:

Any help will be most appriciated....

Advertisements

CJBucko

CJBucko

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having the same problem. Did you ever get a solution to this problem? Can you e-mail me at [email protected]?

Thank you!!

jonny2vests

jonny2vests

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Me too. Thought it might be the graphics card at one stage (Radeon 9600), but all other apps work fine.

[email protected]

sawedoff

sawedoff

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Check the easy stuff first. In Word, select Tools-Options and on the View tab, make sure Drawings is checked and Picture Placeholders is UNchecked.

If that doesn't work, you may have a memory shortage, that is, your memory has been maxxed by other things, or you don't have enough to display the pictures. What happens if you load this document on a fresh reboot?

Sawedoff

CJBucko

CJBucko

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried all that. I found a solution this morning and it worked.

Right click on the desktop
Choose "properties"
Click on the "settings" tab
Click on the "advanced" button
Click on the "troubleshoot" tab
Move the slider to the left until you read "Disable all Direct Draw & Direct 3D Accelerations......"

Christina

jonny2vests

jonny2vests

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks sawedoff but its definitely not the picture placeholders thing. I think it might well be a memory problem as images are displayed sometimes. I have over 700Mb though. I have to say that CJBucko's trick works for me also, even though it sounds counter intuitive...
To me anyway,

JL

CaptainCJ

CaptainCJ

• Pip
  • 1 posts
CJBucko -

Your instructions worked PERFECTLY! Thanks for the "411" on this annoying issue.

Edited by CaptainCJ, 30 June 2005 - 08:09 AM.