I DID IT OVER WITH FIREFOX CLOSED...
How can I remove the MBR:Alureon-G [Rtk] [Closed]
Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:48 PM
I DID IT OVER WITH FIREFOX CLOSED...
Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:21 PM
Clear Cache/Temp Files
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
- Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
- It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
- Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
- Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.
Once that is done run a disc defragment
Let me know if that alleviates some of the problems
Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:18 AM
Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:40 AM
Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:05 PM
Is there a way to repair FF and IE? Even if I had the money to have the BIOS password erased, if I wiped the system, I'd lose "ReadPlease," the text to speech program that reads to me. It's not being offered for the PC anymore. Because I always only used the free version, they won't let me download ANY version of their program.
Accessibility regularly gets withdrawn from people's systems after new software comes along.
Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:45 AM
Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)
Would this programme be any good ?
Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:59 AM
This is all it showed.
I think I forgot to tell you... Sometimes I find AVAST turned off at startup. And sometimes AVAST says, "A program is trying to turn AVAST off." And also, the Windows magnifier does not appear at startup sometimes. It's supposed to be on the screen and functioning. I open it manually when that happens.
Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:02 AM
Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:04 AM
Download Dr.Web CureIt .
- Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file to open it.
- A window will open offerring a choice of EPM or Standard Mode
- Chose EPM
- A license and updates window will appear. If necessary update, otherwise check the box "I agree to participate..." and click Continue
- You will not be able to use your computer until the scan is finished. It generally takes only a short time say... around 15/20 mins.
- Dr Web will scan your computer. When finished a report is saved to C:\users\....\Doctor Web named cureit.log. Copy and paste the contents back here.
Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:19 AM
There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network
This is what happened. What do I do about this.
I clicked OK and it seems the scan is continuing.
Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:26 AM
1.On your computer, open Network Connections (Start > Run > ncpa.cpl > OK)
2.Right-click on the icon for your wireless adapter and select Properties
3.Click on the "General" tab, select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" in the list of "This connection uses the following items," and click "Properties"
4.Select the two radio buttons to "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically"
5.OK your way out.
Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:40 AM
The scan is finished. 2 threats found.
Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:41 AM
When finished a report is saved to C:\users\....\Doctor Web named cureit.log
EDIT: You will probably need to check both computers network
Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:48 AM
I'm having a hard time with this one because the program disabled the magnifier. I can hardly see the screen.
Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:52 AM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users