Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 lock screen ambiguity

• Please log in to reply

Anupamcin

Anupamcin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I have a Windows 7 computer at my workplace that is joined to a domain, say "DOM1". I am facing a peculiar problem. Say i have logged in to a local user account. When i lock my pc and again want to gain access to my account by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del i am presented with a screen asking for both username as well as password (even though i have only locked the pc, not logged off). Moreover it also shows the domain name below the password field i.e. DOM1. So if i want to unlock the pc i have to press Esc and then press switch user and then enter the password for the local user through which i had earlier logged in and locked the pc. This has become highly irritating. Is there any solution to simply unlock the pc as i used to do in Windows XP (in which i only had to press "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and then enter the password to unlock pc).

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I suggest that you contact your Systems Administrator regarding this issue Anupamcin.