Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Games crashing

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
The PSU reading actually look good but the software cannot capture a spike when the computer crashes.
I still think the problem is not quite enough AMPS for the video card when under full load so I do recommend upgrading the PSU and a new case.
Let us know what you decide.

Advertisements

Ascomodo

Ascomodo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Oh I wasn't playing a game during that. Was I supposed to be? Got the new stuff anyway, just needs to be put together.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
OK Posted Image
It would have been better with a game going but mute now as you are going to do the rebuild.

This is how I would proceed. Remember to disconnect the power and take anti static measure.
Remove the graphics card.
Make a note of which SATA socket is used to which HDD and Optical drive.
Disconnect all cables except the CPU fan.
Remove the MB.
From the old case, remove the I/O shield, it pushes into the case, remove any fans if you want to reuse them in the new case.
If the new case has a I/O shield installed, remove it and replace with the one from the old case. install any addition fans.

Important. Make sure the stand-offs in the new case match exactly the pattern and number as in the old case.

Install the PSU.
Transfer the HDD, Optical drive. Any other, like card reader of fan control.
Install the MB.
Install the GPU.
Connect the main cabling, MB, (2 cables) GPU, HDD, Optical drive,,, refer you note for SATA ports. fans.
Connect front USB 2.0, and sound.
If you have a mini internal system speaker, make sure the +/- on the plug match the +/- pins on the front panel header. Connect the other front switches Power on, reset, HDD activity.
Connect the keyboard, mouse and monitor.
Check over your wiring.
Connect the PSU switching on at the socket and the back of the PSU,
Switch on the monitor.
Press the power on.

If you have questions or problems, please post.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
How has the troubleshooting gone? An update would be appreciated.