Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows 7 startup and crashing woes

• Please log in to reply

Zook

Zook

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
I am once again having major problems with my laptop that I cannot understand. I was surfing the web using google chrome when it suddenly froze on me and I had to perform a forced shut down. Upon attempting to boot it back up, I was prompted to try the startup repair utility but when I attempted to use it, it got stuck in a loop, simply counting down, turning black and then returning to the same screen. After attempting again I decided to just try to boot as normally only now the startup took an absurd amount of time and when I attempted to do anything once I was logged it, it would freeze again. Currently I am Safe Mode with networking and looking at the summary of administrative events, there have been over two thousand errors in the past 24 hours. Yikes! Unfortunately I cannot even begin to know how to diagnose this and at this point my only idea is to perform a clean install but if anyone can offer some advice on this I would certainly appreciate it.

Advertisements